Robin Takashi Lewis |
- Co-founder – mymizu (Web, FB, Instagram)
- Co-founder & Director – Social Innovation Japan (Web, FB, Instagram)
- Board Member – Shibuya QWS Innovation Council (Web)
- Board Member – Youth4Nature (Web)
- Creator – Explore Tohoku Project (Web, Facebook, Instagram)
Hi! I’m a social entrepreneur based in Japan.
I’m the Co-founder of mymizu – an initiative to reduce consumption of single-use plastics, and also Co-founder of Social Innovation Japan – a platform for social good focusing on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
For over 10 years, I’ve worked with social enterprises, NGOs and inter-governmental organisations – including consultant roles at the World Bank and UNDP – and have managed humanitarian operations in countries such as Haiti, Nepal, Vanuatu and Mozambique.
In 2017, I took on a sponsored expedition to walk 600+kms along Japan’s coastline to document the transition since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear crisis, and made a free online guide to help others make the journey!
I’m a Board Member of Shibuya QWS, a Board Member of Youth4Nature, and graduated with a M.A. in International Business from the University of Edinburgh. Recently, I was selected by M.I.T. Technology Review in its first-ever “Top Innovators Under 35 Japan” awards!
Since 2011, I’ve been extremely fortunate to be able to deliver workshops and seminars in Japan and all over the world. I’m also invited to speak regularly at schools, universities and conferences on themes such as sustainability, SDGs & social innovation.
Examples of speaking engagements:
- Keynote speech, Louis Vuitton DARE Global Conference (Dec 2019)
- Keynote speech, Social Innovation Symposium (Jan 2020)
- Speaker, Ignite Sendai Conference (Dec 2019)
- Speaker, Innovative City Forum (Nov 2019)
- Speaker, Eco Pro 2019 (Dec 2019)
- Leadership Training Seminar, Ship For World Youth (Japan Government) (Jan 2020)
Feel free to get in touch
with any requests, questions, or just to say hi.